Brasted Close, Lewisham
Allocations now live!
Want to know more? Come along to a workshop - details below
How to find out more
Come to a workshop:
- Informal online drop ins: Friday 3pm-4pm, 8th, 15th, 22nd 29th Oct. Click here to join.
- St. Bartholomew's School, Sydenham: 6.30pm-7.30pm, Tues 2st September
- Sydenham School (applications support): 6pm-7pm, Tues19th October
- St. Luke's Church, Downham: 5.30pm - 6.30pm, Tues 26th October
- Lewisham Islamic Centre: 8pm-9pm, Wednesday 10th November
- Rathfern Primary School, Catford: 6pm-7pm, Monday 15th November
Further locations/dates tbc watch this space.
London CLT invite applicants to apply for homes at Brasted Close, Lewisham from 28th September.
There are 11 homes available:
6 x 2 bedroom 3 person homes - each being sold at £272, 500
5 x 1 bedroom 2 person homes - each being sold at £215, 000
To be eligible you need to:
- have lived in Lewisham for at least 5 years and preference is given to those in Sydenham and Forest Hill,
- be able to obtain a mortgage (which entails having 10% of the asking price in savings and a steady source of income),
- be able to demonstrate housing need.
How to Apply
2. Complete this eligibility test - if eligible you will have the opportunity to purchase a login (£8) for our online application.
3. Complete an online application on Salesforce
4. If shortlisted attend an interview with our Independent Allocations Panel
5. Go through mortgage application and conveyancing process
If you have a read through the above and want to know more you can also email email@example.com.
Watch this space for details on upcoming information and support workshops.
Brasted Close is an 11 home, 100% permanently affordable project in Sydenham, Lewisham, and is London CLT's first direct development. The campaign for genuinely and permanently affordable homes is led by Lewisham Citizens, part of Citizens UK, who helped set London CLT up.
The campaign began with people in Lewisham talking about what challenges local people were faced with. A lack of affordable homes came up time and time again. Community-led, permanently affordable homes in the form of a community land trust was selected as a campaign priority, and Lewisham Citizens asked then East London CLT to expand its remit and start taking members from south of the river.
After years of local workshops and collaboration with Lewisham Council to develop designs, proposals were submitted for planning in June 2018, and the team received planning permission in April 2019.
See here for the planning permission.
London CLT entered into a funding agreement with the GLA in October 2020 to help fund the project, and is scheduled to start on site in the first half of 2021.
We hope residents will be in their homes by summer 2022!
Nano McCaughan of South London Citizens shares her story of the campaign:
“Years ago, in May 2014, Lewisham Citizens made the first approach to the [then] Mayor of the Borough, Sir Steve Bullock at an Assembly of 400 Lewisham Citizens, to request the Council to provide us with some land on which to build some CLT homes. He responded positively if cautiously to that request, which it fell to me to make, and after many explanatory meetings first with Mayor and Councillors, and later with Council officials, we were granted a garage site in Sydenham, part of a council housing estate.
We made overtures to the residents and neighbours, and gradually built up a steering committee to help us with the plans, they chose an architects team, who also were very community orientated, and in May 2018 our plan went to the Council. We... are delighted with the beautiful, thoughtful plan our team have finalised and shown to the residents.”